Click on the picture to go to a buck's page.
SG +*B Algedi Farm MB Manuka Honey 1-06 VG88 (VVE)
Nuke is in his forever home!
Photo Credit: Mythos Farm
Sire: Twin Creeks BW Montego Bay ++*S
Grandsire: Twincreeks BH Bay Watch ++*S +B, E
Granddam: GCH/MCJ Gay-Mor's JJU Nonpareil 3*D 1*M EEEE 92
Dam: SGCH Rosasharn's UMT Tupelo Honey, 4*D, E91
Grandsire: ARMCH Rosasharn's Under My Thumb +*S
Granddam: ARMCH Rosasharn's Buckwheat Honey, 3*D, 3*M, E91
Inbreeding Coefficient: 3.3%
*B CH Algedi Farm JD Shotgun Wedding 5-03 VG86 (VEE)
Thank you Heidi Gonzales for this wonderful opportunity! Gunner is in his forever home.
Photo Credit: Sierra Aspen Farm, Heather Manzo
Sire: *S Alethia CTO Just Dew It 3-00 VG88 (VEE)
Grandsire: +*B *S Roshasharn BB Cento
Granddam: SGCH Algedi Farm DJ Honey Dew 5*M, EEEE91
Dam: GCH Buttin'Heads Wedding Proposal 2*M 2-05 VG88 (V+EV)
Grandsire: Velvet Acres Profiterole
Granddam: GCH/ARMCH Buttin'Heads Wedding Song *M/3*D 6-02 EX91 (EEEE)
*B Dill's GA Patriot 1-02 VG85 (V+V) - $1,500
Photo: Shimmer and Tranquility winning the Dam and Daughter class at the ADGA National Show. Photo Credit: Dill's-A little goat farm.
Sire: SG Dill's BF Genuine Article +*B 1-03 VG85 (VVV), Elite Buck
Grandsire: SG NC Promisedland RC Bonafide ++*B, Elite Buck
Granddam: SGCH Dill's TG Brand New Girlfriend *M/*D 3-06 VG88 (V+EV 88), 3x best udder
Dam: GCH/MCH Dill's XM Shimmer 3*M 7-02 EX92 (EEEE)
Grandsire: MI Sugar Creek TW Tune's XM ++*B
Granddam: GCH/MCH Dill's AC Tranquility 5*D/2*M 8-01 EX90 (VEEE)
Inbreeding Coefficient: 2.7%
Patriot hasn't been used nearly enough because he has been in the shadows of two aged, great bucks (my Keena and Tupelo Honey sons), This year I will be using him on some of my does and then am hoping to pass him to a farm where he will get the usage that his genetics and quality deserve.
Castle Rock Romancer 1-02 VG87 (VEE)
Extras: Blue eyes
Sire: Castle Rock Moon Raker (full sibling is SGCH Castle Rock Moon Beam 5-00 EX92 (EEEE)
Grandsire: Castle Rock Cleveland Sage *S ELITE BUCK
Granddam: CH CRF Castle Rock Moon River 3*D 3-03 VG88 (+EEE)
Dam: GCH CRF Castle Rock Roxanne 1*M *D AR2461 7-03 EX91 (VEEE), 3xGCH, 21x Best of Breed, 14x Best Udder of Breed, 1x Best Udder in Show
Grandsire: CRF Castle Rock Guy Noir +B +S
Granddam: SG Castle Rock Annabelle
Inbreeding Coefficient: 6.3%
*B Castle Rock Prairie Sunrise
Sire: Castle Rock Clark's Nutcracker
Grandsire: CRF Castle Rock Harvest Moon +B *S
Granddam: GCH-MCH-PGCH Cloverdale YJ Blue Raven 7-03 EX90 (VEEE)
Dam: GCH Castle Rock Sunsilk 2*M 4-04 EX91 (EEEE)
Grandsire: Copper Penny ROF Calico Jack
Grandam: GCH-ARMCH CRF Castle Rock Tuscan Sun 1*M 7-04 EX90 (VEEE)
*B Cedar View Placido 1-01 VG85 (V++)
Photo of Isabella (dam) courtesy of Debra Inman.
Extras: Moonspots and blue eyes
Sire: Little Tots Estate Cloudancing VEV 88
Grandsire: KAE Bar T Cad Coupe VEE 89
Granddam: SGCH SM3PINES Juren's Sugar Glider 2*M VEEE 90
Dam: SGCH Cedar View Isabella 4*M 4-02 91 EEEE - ELITE DOE
Grandsire: Little Tot's Estate Bambino +*B
Graddam: SG Cori's Fancy Donatella 3*M
Inbreeding Coefficient: 0.0%
Sierra Aspen PS Panache 1-02 VG86 (VVV)
2016 Polled Buck
Sire: Castle Rock Port Sunlight, ADGA Sire Development Program
Grandsire: SG Castle Rock Cleveland Sage +*B *S ELITE BUCK
Granddam: ARMCH-GCH CRF Castle Rock Tuscan Sun 1*M *D VEEE 90
Dam: Trilogy Ranch MH Jasmine 2*M 2-04 VG89 (EEEE) (FF Score - highest possible)
Grandsire: +B Algedi Farm MB Manuka Honey 1-06 VG88 (VVE)
Granddam: GCH Algedi Farm RB Ocean Flower 1*M EEEE 91
Inbreeding Coefficient: 4.5%
*B Castle Rock Coyote Bush
Photo of Owl's Clover courtesy of Sarah Hawkins.
Sire: Camanna Jimson Weed
Grandsire: Old Mountain Farm Frankincense
Granddam: CH Camanna CT Jocelyn
Dam: SGCH Castle Rock Owl's Clover 3-02 EX90 (VEEE)
Grandsire: +*S Castle Rock Tanzanite
Grandam: SGCH-ARMCH CRF Castle Rock Alum Root 3*D 6-00 EX91 (VEEE)
Owlhaven MH Algiers - $400
Extras: Blue eyes
Sire: SG +*B Algedi Farm MB Manuka Honey VG 88
Grandsire: Twin Creeks BW Montego Bay ++*S
Granddam: SGCH Rosasharn's UMT Tupelo Honey 4*D 7-04 EX91 (EEEE)
Dam: Monette's Blue Velvet (blue eyes)
Dam's Sire: Castle Rock Blue Ice *S
Dam's Dam: Castle Rock Velvet Lupine 1*M
Stud Service Policy
- Stud service is available only to established clients (pre-2017) and buyers of Owlhaven does.
- This is due to limited facilties and time, as well as biosecurity concerns.
- 2017 Fees (per doe):
- $250: Romancer, Panache, and Prairie
- Nuke, Patriot, Placido, and Gunner are not available in 2017 season
- Pricing is firm and reflects the value of the buck, the risk involved in offering breeding services, and expenses associated with the additional blood testing involved.
- Pricing is fair: Should you sell a single doe kid you should be able to make your money back and likely make a profit. In addition, you will benefit from having a doe in milk.
- Fees include:
- Initial exposure and a second exposure if the first exposure does not result in pregnancy.
- Each additional exposure will require payment of a $50.00 fee.
- Breeding Methods
- Driveway Breedings
- Available by advance reservation and by appointment only. Clients who are more than 20 minutes late are subject to cancellation.
- Doe owners are responsible for determining if a doe is in heat. Signs of heat include loud vocalizations, tail wagging, mounting other goats or allowing other goats to mount her, and mucous. Sometimes a "buck rag" can be used to determine if a goat is in heat. This is a rag that has been rubbed on a buck's stinky parts and then stored in an airtight container to preserve the odor.
- Boarding is available on a very limited basis due to time and space limitations (I only have two pens and need to breed my own goats):
- Breeding pens are limited and available on a first come, first served basis. The window of time available for breeding is limited, to ensure availability, reservations are required.
- Board is $4.00 per day. This is basic service that includes hay and access to minerals and clean water.
- I do not accept lactating does or does with kids at side.
- Client does are left at Owlhaven at the client's risk. Owlhaven accepts no liability.
- Buck leases: Not available in 2017.
- Driveway Breedings
- Buyers who purchase a doe from Owlhaven will be provided with 1 free breeding during the first breeding season after purchase.
- The breeding includes the first exposure and a second exposure if needed.
- Free breedings are not transferable and expire if not used during the first available breeding season after purchase or by the time the doe is 18 months of age if purchased as a kid.
- Boarding fees and blood testing requirements apply.
- ALL does must be tested CAE, CL, and Johnes negative within 30 days of arrival at Owlhaven.
- Does that leave Owlhaven in between exposures may require a second set of blood tests if the time between exposures exceeds the 30 days covered by the blood tests.
- Due to lack of control over the doe's care and condition, pregnancy is not guaranteed. An ultrasound can be arranged at the owner's expense.
- Payment of the stud fee is required in advance, by cash or PayPal.
- Clients who are approved for boarding services should also include payment for 30 days of boarding fees per doe boarded or $120 per goat.