Nigerian Dwarf Goats
Owlhaven is located in the lovely Temecula Valley of Southern California. We raise Nigerian Dwarf Goats because they are friendly, small and easy to handle, and produce sweet milk that is rich in butterfat. Our priorities are sweet dispositions, milk production, and correct conformation. We seek to provide healthy and productive companions for small family farms.
- Dill's BF Diamond Rio *B now has two daughters who have been awarded the coveted Superior Genetics (SG) title: SGCH Garden 'N Goat DR Gypsy Boots VEVE 89 (3 yrs) and SGCH Simple Pleasures Eden's Edge +E+E 86 (3 yrs).
- Both of Rio's daughters (Edge and Boots) have finished their Grand Championships!!!
- Owlhaven P Mystique received the USDA Elite Doe title for milk production in the top 5% for Nigerians.
- SG Proctor Hill Farm Pistol Annie received the "Superior Genetics" (SG) title from the American Dairy Goat Association for a combination of milk production and linear appraisal scores that places her in the top 15% in the nation.
What makes Owlhaven different?
- Excellence in Customer Service: We will help you get set up, teach you how to milk, and be there if you need us along the way.
- Stud Service: Buyers of Owlhaven does receive a complimentary breeding. Owlhaven also offers breeding services to qualified does.
- Affordable Pricing: As an educator, my primary goal is not to make a large profit, but rather to help human and goat kids get a great start in life.
- Multiple Purchase Discounts: Buyers who purchase more than one goat receive a 10% discount
- FFA and 4-H Discounts: To help kids get a great start, a 10% discount is available for FFA and 4-H members.
- Buyer Rewards!: In addition to great discounts, buyers receive rewards when their purchased goats make milestones, such as receiving a milk star!
Why buy a Nigerian Dwarf?
- Sweet and friendly (mine give kisses)
- Natural comics
- Are easy to handle - they are the size of a small golden retriever
- Can produce approximately a half gallon of milk a day.
- Produce milk that is rich in butterfat and perfect for drinking straight, putting in cereal, making cheeses and yogurt, or making soaps and lotions
- Require a smaller space and less feed than standard sized goats
- Colorful yard ornaments
Click here to go to the Dairy Goat Journal article on Nigerian Dwarf Goats.