Terms and Conditions
Owlhaven's goal is customer satisfaction through fair and ethical business practices. With that in mind, the following policies seek to create a “no surprises” experience for our customers.
- Acceptable forms of payment: Cash, money order, and PayPal.
- All animals are offered for sale only to approved homes.
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% of purchase price is required to hold a barn animal for 30 days.
- Full payment is required within 30 days of deposit.
- If the balance due is not received within 30 days the sale will be cancelled unless other arrangements have been agreed-upon in writing.
- In event of a sale cancellation, a stocking fee amounting to 20% of the purchase price will be charged and the remaining funds returned to the buyer.
- Purchased goats must be picked up within 30 days of purchase.
- If the animal is not picked up within 30 days a $7.00 per day boarding charge will apply, unless the goat is lactating. The boarding fee for lactating does is $20.00.
- In the unlikely event that a goat dies before it is picked up by the buyer, amounts paid will be applied to another available (offered for sale) animal.
- All registration fees, including transfers, are the responsibility of the Buyer.
- Reservations are not being taken for 2019 kids.
- Interested buyers should add their names to the wish list, the form is at the top of the page.
- A 50% deposit is required within 5 days of notice of birth to hold the kid.
- If full payment is not received within 30 days, or other arrangements agreed upon, the deposit will be refunded and the kid offered for sale.
- Kids are weaned at 8 weeks. After 8 weeks, boarding fees of $7.00/day apply.
- Owlhaven prefers that Buyers pick up their animals at the farm, however shipping can be arranged.
- Shipping arrangements are the responsibility of the buyer. Shipping dates and times must be approved by Owlhaven to ensure that the animal is available for pickup or delivery. Shipping is done from San Diego International Airport or Los Angeles International Airport. Expenses associated with shipping are the full responsibility of the buyer and must be paid in full before shipment. Expenses are as follows (amounts are estimated):
- Shipping expense ($250-350 est.)
- Gas expense to/from airport ($.53/mile)
- Blood tests (when required)
- Vet service call ($65.00 estimate – a split call may be possible)
- Health papers ($60.00 estimate)
- Crate purchase and/or shipment cost of crate to Owlhaven (60-100 est.)
- Goats are guaranteed to be healthy; CAE, CL, and Johnes free at the time of sale. Buyers have the right to have the animal(s) examined by a veterinarian prior to leaving Owlhaven. A full refund for testing and the deposit will be provided if the veterinarian certifies in writing that the goat has a significant illness, such as CAE. If buyer waives this right of a pre-purchase veterinary exam, no refund will be offered if goat becomes ill or dies after the buyer receives possession of the purchased goat.
- Sales are at the seller’s discretion and will only be made to good homes, criteria include: (1) Appropriate and adequate food and water, (2) Safe and adequate shelter from sun and rain, (3) Safe and secure fencing, protection from escape and predators (dogs eat goats), (4) Companionship – goats need other goats!
- Potential buyers are strongly encouraged to make an appointment to visit the herd.
- A doe sold as “bred” is not guaranteed to be pregnant, but only to have been exposed to a buck.
- Owlhaven Farm cannot guarantee satisfaction with kids resulting from a purchased breeding.
- Owlhaven Farm does not guarantee future performance of purchased goats, as the farm has no control over the conditions under which the goats are maintained by the purchaser.
- Doe fertility is not guaranteed, and refunds are not given, except in the case of veterinarian-documented hermaphroditism. Keep in mind that some does require extra time to become mature enough to breed, and may not settle until they are two years old. We prefer to wait until does are long yearlings (12-18 months) before breeding to ensure that the doeling is fully mature.
- Buck fertility is guaranteed. At one year of age, bucks should be able to settle a doe. If a veterinarian certifies that your Owlhaven buck is sterile, he will be exchanged for a buck of equal quality.
- We reserve the right to refuse a sale for any reason, at any time, on any animal. If a sale is cancelled by Owlhaven, all payments made will be refunded.
- All sales are final. No further guarantees are expressed or implied. Owlhaven farm has no control over the care provided to goats after they leave the farm and therefore is not responsible for their health and well-being after they leave the farm.
- Should a buyer need to rehome an Owlhaven goat after taking possession, Owlhaven will consider repurchase for the same price paid to the farm. However, buyer will be responsible for the cost of disease testing required prior to Owlhaven takng possession of the animal.